Sunday, June 5, 2011

Our Home Away From Home

You will not believe our new apartment! It is FABULOUS! We are so thankful to be in such a nice place for the long haul of our journey. We couldn't believe it when we asked Sasha how much we'll be paying for this apartment...it's $20 a night CHEAPER than our last apartment! I'll get out today and take pictures outside, but for now, here's the inside.

Right when you walk in
The bathroom is immediately to the right.
It's probably twice the size of our last bathroom.
Next is the living room.
The chair on the right is mine. That's where I'm sitting right now.
The couch in our last apartment was similar to sitting on a brick.
These chairs are quite comfortable. My rear end doesn't ache when I stand up.
We set my laptop up last night and watched a movie.
I think last night was our most normal so far.
We're definitely feeling at home here. Having somewhere to unpack is helpful.
The kitchen is also twice the size of our last one. It's very bright and cheery.
I enjoyed staring out the window while I waited for my coffee this morning.
Lovely view.
Our bedroom. This bed (and pillows) is WAY better than our last one. I worried about Jon's back with the last bed, but I won't worry here. And those curtains actually close, which is awesome! I didn't wake up at 4 am with the sunrise. For the first time since being here.
And look! There's a cabinet with shelves and hangers!
I did not waste any time in unpacking yesterday!
The spare room.
And look...AIR CONDITIONING! (To the left of the window up near the ceiling)
God is so good to us.
It's definitely warmer here than it was in Kiev.
We got to Skype with the kids again last night. All is well on the homefront. We are so thankful for such good friends and family to take care of our kids for such a long time. Jon and I think about the kids constantly, but we have not worried about them at all. You have no idea how thankful we are for that. They are very excited for us to meet Vera TOMORROW. We are too. Can you believe it? Tomorrow. Does Vera even know what's about to happen?

My plans for today are to pray, read my Bible, pray, listen to this sermon that our pastor preached on Orphan Sunday in November and pray some more. We would love for you to join us in praying.

2 comments:

  1. WOW what a great apt! And AC? You are lucky! Praying for a great first meeting for you and Vera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy!!!!! That is the SAME place we stayed!!!!!!! It is so great and homey!!!!!!! The pics make us miss it!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete