Monday, April 27, 2009

Three Little Words

There are three little words that homeschoolers love to hear. I'm sure others enjoy these words too, but I don't know that they invoke the same feelings as they do for homeschoolers. Anticipation, excitement, eagerness and hopeful could all describe a homeschooler who hears these three little words...can you guess what they are?


USED BOOK SALE


Woo Hoo! That's where I got to go on Saturday morning! Abbi went with me and we managed to find a few things on our list for school next year. Of course, we also managed to find a few things that were not on our list...I didn't stray by much though, and Jon was very pleased about that. There were a few books that I almost bought, but then decided since they weren't on my list I better not (even though I knew we'd need them next year). When I was putting the 'new' books on our school shelves, I ran across several books that I almost bought! Good thing I went with my instincts on that one...no wonder they weren't on my list!
While Abbi and I were at the book sale, Jon and the boys were out buying supplies to rebuild our front porch. Jon's dad drove down from TN to help.
Caleb held the wood while Jon sawed...
Then he sanded the ends and got them all nice & smooth.
While Jacob and Papa screwed all the boards in.
The new porch is not quite finished...we still need to sand and paint the railing, but it already looks (and feels) 100% better. Thank you, men, for all your hard work!
While the men worked on the porch, Abbi and I got lots of weeding done in the backyard. I had to take some photos of my gorgeous azaleas...Overall, it was a beautiful, productive weekend!
The Lord your God has blessed you in all the work of your hands...
Deuteronomy 2:7

No comments:

Post a Comment