Friday, April 24, 2009

Birthday Re-cap

Well, yesterday marked my 35th birthday, and what a great day it was! The kids and I spent the day at the Bogaski's house for lunch (Italian beef sandwiches...so yummy) and crafts (which I'll get to in another post). The weather was gorgeous and Annette and I got to sit on her porch swing and watch the kids play. We got home just in time for Jon to arrive and ask where I wanted to go for my birthday dinner. Well, I was still a little full from my wonderful lunch, but Jon was starving after his long day at work. So off to On the Border we went! On the Border is a family favorite and we eat there often, but we're never disappointed. Last night was no exception.
After we got home, it was time for presents and cake (Jon brought home the AWESOME cake shown above).

Last weekend Jon took Caleb gem mining up in Franklin. They came home with PILES of gems and Caleb gave me some of them for my birthday. I need to figure out some way to display them...any ideas?

Abbi painted me this beautiful picture! If you can't make it out, it's a dog with two puppies sitting near a doghouse. There are even purple mountains in the background.

And Jacob colored this great picture of 3 giraffes for me. Giraffes are my very favorite animal! Now I need to find a great frame for it...sounds like a trip to Hobby Lobby is in my near future!

Jon got me seasons 5 & 6 of Little House on the Prairie on DVD. I didn't grow up watching this show (gasp! is how most people respond to this piece of news), but I got seasons 1 & 2 for Christmas and we all LOVE it! Why don't they make shows like that anymore?

Anyway, it was a great day and I am so thankful for my family and friends who made it extra special! I always spend time in Psalm 139 on my birthday, and yesterday was no exception to this tradition. Some of my favorite verses are 13 - 18 which say, "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand."

4 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday Amy! It looks like you had an awesome day!
    XOXO
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Amy!!! Sorry I was a day late!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful birthday! The kid's gifts are just precious! Blessings to you! Dana

    PS LOVE what you've done with your blog. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an idea for displaying your special gemstones.

    I'll tell you what my dad and I did with some saphires mined in Montana first. We went to Michael's craft store and bought a flat piece of slate with a leather hanging strap. We arranged the saphires on the slate to read "MONT. 1996" and hten we hot glued them into place. This hangs on my dad's bedroom wall. It's really pretty.

    So, you can run with that idea and come up with your own special way of displaying your gems. You could use a rock from the backyard even. And then leave it out on display somewhere in the house like on an end table.

    Well, anyway, just wanted to share. :-)

    ReplyDelete