Sunday, July 3, 2011

Vera Beth Evans

I know I said that my next post would be about busting Vera out of the orphanage and I am working on it. Our internet connection here is okay, but uploading pictures is slower than S L O W. So, I'll give you this one since I already had it ready.

Are you wondering about her name?

Vera Beth Evans

Vera means Faith.

Beth means House.

House? What's so meaningful about House? Oh, dear friends, I am so weepy as I write this. Did you read the post about the night we chose Vera's middle name? There were so many possibilities. So many great names with even greater meanings. Not all of them worked with Vera though.

I can't remember who said it first, but one of the kids said Beth.

Vera Beth

Vera Beth Evans

We all said it out loud and liked the sound of it. We looked up the meaning.

Vera Beth

Faith House

House of Faith

Goosebumps

Why is this so meaningful to us?

Oh, glory to God. This whole journey has been one of faith. We've been on a wild roller coaster for 18 months with twists and turns that we were not expecting. We've delighted, we've rejoiced, we've grieved, we've cried. But through it all, our faith increased. Through this journey we became a house of faith. Not necessarily because we chose it, but because God purposed it. God has used this adventure to create in us a house of faith.

We could not think of a better or more appropriate name for this little girl.

Faith House

Vera Beth

We like it!

Sidenote...it is SO appropriate that I'm sharing this post today. TODAY Vera starting say her name...Vera Beth. Before when we would say her name to her, she would shake her head and say, "Nyet." Today, she was Vera Beth.

2 comments: