Saturday, February 26, 2011

Vera's Haven

Jon had to work all day today, so the kids and I worked on Vera's room. Vera's Haven as I now call it. In a way I've been dreading this. Changing the room from Leanna's to Vera's. But I am happy to report it was incredibly therapeutic. And so very fun! A friend of mine helped me paint the room yellow last summer before Leanna arrived. She asked me if I was going to paint it a different color for Vera and told me she's more than happy to help again. Well, the thought of painting the room again is not appealing to me. At all. But I did want to have lots of pink for our little princess. Everyone who has met Vera says she is very girly...loves purses and jewelry and crafts.
Oh, she will fit in here just fine!

I would bet that Vera's fans would love to see where she'll soon be sleeping and dreaming and playing and reading and...you get the idea. So, here is what we've done so far. I want to get a picture or something to put on that wall next to the window. We moved Abbi's little table into Vera's room (in the corner) and put Leanna's table in Abbi's room.
I wasn't sure about Leanna's black furniture in Vera's room, but I think it works okay.
The top dresser drawer is now full of Abbi's old dress up clothes.
We also came across some of Abbi's old Disney Princess things...
loud, obnoxious things that talk, light up and play music.
Mirrors and wands and dolls...and they still work.
Vera will love them. If she's not afraid of them.
See Toby looking out the window?
The dog and cat were very curious about what we were doing.
In and out, in and out they went.
Abbi wanted Leanna's bedding, so we just swapped them out.
I love the colors of the quilt with the yellow walls.
We put Abbi's Loving Family doll house and accessories in Vera's room.
I think she will LOVE it!
All we bought was the curtains and wall stickers.
There is also a bin under the bed FULL of Abbi's old Polly Pocket stuff.
So...maybe it does pay to be a hoarder.
This one is for Toby. He's smiling.

5 comments:

  1. Vera is going to love the room! It is so girly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its beautiful, she will love it! Oh having her own BIG bed, so much fun! The kids sleep in cribs or little toddler size beds at the baby house, I bet she will love stretching out in a big bed!

    I love the stickers on the wall too, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! It makes me smile to think of Vera in that sweet room. :-)

    ReplyDelete