Thursday, September 30, 2010

Look. Watch. Be AMAZED!

We're getting ready for a road trip and I have a gazillion and one things to do. I really don't have time to sit here and blog. But it hit me smack-dab in the face today as I was cleaning the shower that we are not toiling alone. Many of you are toiling with us to bring Leanna home. In prayer, in fasting and in giving.

Two days ago I gave our latest adoption update. I invited you all to look with us. To watch and to be amazed. I feel since I extended that invitation that I should let you all know what has happened. In two days. The amazement is too much for one family to hold on to.

First of all, I posted on Tuesday. Jon got a call THAT DAY from someone who does not read my blog or read messages on Facebook. This person had NO idea what I had written about. This person called Jon to say, "I will be sending you $5,000 for your adoption fund."

Just. Like. That.

Look.

I also got this message from a friend...

I shared your message with my girls this morning during our scripture/prayer time. They were both very moved and have decided to give ALL their money to you to help bring your precious Leanna home! I was stunned (and didn't ask them to do this or tell them that you wanted money, I told them that we would join you and Jon in praying for a miracle.) We also decided that the leftover amount of money from our garage sale would go to you too. We wanted to use it for someone in need or a charity and never decided who or what. I know it won't be much, but, it should help. Thank you for sharing your journey because you are helping my children and family be blessed by "giving". God is using your need to bless others.

Watch.

I got this message from someone I haven't seen in at least 25 years...

I have made sure to add your and Jon's names to the prayer list. And another fasting/prayer is coming your way. I'm very excited for you. I wish I lived closer to help with the yard sale, but since you're in Georgia, and I'm here, you're stuck without my help.

We received many messages of encouragement and promises of prayer. I have tucked away each message in my memory. You are all so very special to me. I am humbled and honored. More than I can say. Thank you.

We received this email today...

Just a quick note to let you know I will be putting a check in the mail tomorrow. I read your blog yesterday, Amy, and my heart went out to you and Jon!

This morning I remembered that I had $500.00 put back here at home for my "emergency fund". I decided to deposit that in my account to send to you for your fund for Leanna. I realized that it was crazy to have that cash laying around doing nothing, when it can go towards bringing Leanna home! I also had some extra money laying around marked for my next road trip, but wanted to send that to you also. When I went to get the $500.00, I found there was $600.00, not $500.00. I vaguely remembered putting the extra money with the original $500.00, but had forgotten. So when I opened the envelope, I thought, "Wow, God has already started multiplying!" Right before I went to the bank, I remembered I had a container of coins that I have been saving for the last 3 years. When my coin purse starts to get heavy, I dump it in this small container. It doesn't add up too fast, because I use my debit card most of the time, and rarely cash. So I collected the container, and any other loose change I had, and took it to the bank. To my surprise, the coins added up to $151.95! The total of all of that comes to $1136.95, which is what I am making the check out for.

I'm so excited that God is allowing me to be a part of His miracle!

Be AMAZED!

No comments:

Post a Comment