Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Jacob turned 11!

Last Tuesday, May 6th, was Jacob's 11th birthday. I can't believe I have an 11 year old. That makes me sound so old!

We started out the day with Jacob making his birthday cake.

German chocolate cake complete with coconut frosting...
And candles!
When Daddy got home it was time to open presents.
Abbi made Jacob a very special picture.
Jacob received lots of Legos including Indiana Jones....
And the most coveted Star Wars Slave 1.
Then it was off to Outback Steakhouse (Jacob's choice) for a yummy dinner!
The above is a photo of Jacob being sung 'Happy Birthday' to.
And here's his ice cream treat!
All gone.

On Friday, Jacob had his birthday party at the Lego Store. Marc (above) was our birthday party leader. He was great! He started the group out with a tour of the Lego store. A group shot with Darth Vader
Then all the kids had their photo taken as King Tut. Presley
Abbi
Caleb
Roland
Daniel (looking fierce)Then the kids were led to a table covered with a red tablecloth. I wish I had taken a picture of the kids when Marc lifted it off. Underneath the table cloth was this massive pile of Star Wars legos (Jacob chose the Star Wars theme) and all their jaws dropped when they saw the pile.
They built for close to an hour and they all came up with some neat inventions.

Jacob had so much fun!
Marc kept one of Caleb's cool creations to show the other Lego employees.
But I didn't get a photo of it.
Roland and Presley built a fortress.
Eventually, Jon couldn't take it anymore and joined in on the building fun!


'You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. ' Psalm 139: 13 - 18

No comments:

Post a Comment