Friday, December 7, 2007

Gingerbread Houses

Every December, instead of doing our regular co-op activities, our homeschool group gets together and we all make family gingerbread houses. It's our annual Christmas party and it's always so much fun! Today was the day! Here are the kids hard at work on our little house.
After much time and hard work, the masterpiece is complete with tree and snowmen (and snow-dog, courtesy of Abbi). Notice the 'bushes' next to the door. This was Caleb's creativity.

Isn't is fun?! So colorful and looks delicious!

Each family has their picture taken with their house for the yearbook.

After all the gingerbread houses are complete, we do an ornament exchange.

Here's our group...Lighthouse Home Educators

Several families had already left, so this isn't everyone.
Here's Abbi with one of her best little friends, Bethany.
And here's Jacob with one of his best buds, Presley.
And here's me with one of my best buds, Leslie (Presley's mom). Leslie and I met at the very first field trip we went on with our co-op when we first moved to Georgia. It was at the Children's Museum in Atlanta and it was a cold, rainy winter day so there were only 3 families that went. Leslie's family was one of them. I'm so thankful to the Lord for putting this family into the life of mine. They are such a blessing to us.
And another of my best buds, Laura (Bethany's mom). I met Laura the first time we visited our co-op and she was actually the deciding factor in us joining this group. Her son, Elliott and Jacob are good friends and her daughter, Bethany (above) and Abbi are practically inseparable. Laura has been a great blessing to me. She challenges me and holds me accountable to the decisions I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment