Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Horseback riding

The weekend before last, I got to go to Gatlinburg, TN with 21 other ladies from our church for a ladies retreat. Gatlinburg is nestled in the beautiful Smoky Mountains (which I fondly refer to as 'hills' after living in the Northwest) and we had a terrific time. One of our activities was horseback riding. In the picture below, you can see some of the horses grazing and the Smoky's in the background. It was beautiful!
Here I am on my horse 'Ret.' We all had to remember the name of our horse. My friend, Mary Beth, is behind me on her horse, Diego. My horse kept trying to nip at her horses rearend. It was quite a ride. And I paid for it for 3 days.
And here I am with my buds, Becki and Linsdey. Becki is the mother of Emory (and Isaiah and Hudson) who is shown a few blogs down with Abbi. These 2 wonderful ladies have a become a very important part of my life. It's been such a blessing to get to know them and their sweet families. Lindsey and I are in charge of the nursery at church on Sunday mornings, and she has two wonderful children - Aiden and Riley.

No comments:

Post a Comment