Friday, August 21, 2009

Stampin' this summer

Have I really not blogged at all this month?? I am so sorry! To make up for my negligence, let me share some of the stampin' things I worked on this summer. The new catalog brought in many fun, new things...new colors, papers, stamp sets and accessories. I love this time of year when we get to play with all the great new things Stampin' Up! has for us! I hope you enjoy and are inspired!
Well, first of all this was the card I sent for Mother's Day...isn't it gorgeous?! I learned this Watercolor Roses technique from the wonderful Patty Bennett (you can find her blog like to the right).
And this is the Father's Day card I sent this year...it's hard to tell in the photo, but some of the circles were given texture by running the cardstock thru my Big Shot with a Texturz Plate. Too fun!!
Last month I held my annual Hostess Appreciation Dinner. My hostesses and club members are always the first to see and receive the beautiful new Idea Book & Catalog. Above is a photo of the gifts I made for them. I used empty stamp set boxes to create a stationary holder. I decorated the front with the new Razzleberry Lemonade DSP. And below is a photo of the inside. I glued a strip of the paper across the top of the notepad, and I used the same paper in the RSVP pen so it all coordinates together! I love the paperclip bookmarks!
Below is one of the make & takes my hostesses got to make at the dinner. I love this layout that I also found on Patty's blog. This card uses two of the new In-Colors...Melon Mambo and Crushed Curry. I love the new polka dot ribbon that coordinates with all 6 In-Colors! And the paper is from the Razzleberry Lemonade...do you sense a theme?
Above and below are samples of cards I made using the fabulous new Printed Window Sheets! These 3 cards were made in less than 5 minutes each...no kidding!
I have the privilege of going up to Big Canoe regularly to do a scrapbook class with a group of very fun ladies! These are just a few of the layouts we've done this year.
A few weeks ago I held a class called My Favorite Things that used some of my most favorite things in the new catalog. The above card uses the new Elegant Notes along with the new Thoroughly Modern DSP and Soft Suede (new color) polka dot ribbon. I also threw in the doo-dads from the Pretties Kit. Below I used the new Dots & Designs Rub Ons. The only thing stamped is the greeting. Everything else is rub ons. So quick and easy!
Okay people! The new Holiday Mini Catalog (begins September 1st) is the BEST EVER! Seriously! Great sets for Halloween goodies, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day...it is jam-packed with super fun things! My favorite right now is the Sweet Centers stamp set along with the Sweet Treat Cups. I spent some time last weekend playing with these new things and had so much fun!
I sat down with a bag of M & M's and candy corn and was determined to use all the colors! I am so pleased with everything I made. Of course, I can't take credit for anything since I CASE'd all of these ideas from various blogs. The ones I visit most can be found to the right under Amy's Favorite Stampin' & Scrappin' Sites.
The above 5 cards were all made with the Sweet Centers stamp set and/or Sweet Treat Cups. You do not want to miss this versatile set in the Holiday Mini Catalog! And to think I wasn't even going to buy it until Stampin' Up! offered it to demonstrators for only $5! What a great job I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment