Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Creationary

Jacob bought a new game with some of his birthday money. Have you seen all the new games from Lego? They all look like lots of fun...after much thought, discussion and deliberation, Jacob finally decided on Creationary. Like Pictionary, except you have to build things with Legos and get your team to guess what you're building. Sounds easy enough, right? WRONG! For instance, imagine building a strawberry...out of Legos. Or a tree house. or a fly, or a log cabin...iceberg, cemetery, fishing pole, a pig, a shoe store, a hedgehog, etc. All of these AND MANY MORE are examples of things you may have to build with Creationary. The kids, of course, LOVE this game. While I think it is just a bit ridiculous to expect me to build a rolling pin out of Legos. But I digress. I am definitely improving in my Creationary skills. I was very challenged to think outside the box with this game. As one who doesn't spend hours each day building with Legos, as Jacob does, I just couldn't visualize building a camera out of Legos, which I recently had to do. I actually did a decent job and my teammate was able to correctly guess what it was. I thought I'd share a few of the kids' creations...let's see if YOU can guess what they are!
I love this next one that Jacob built.
Okay, you should have no problem with this one!
This next one was one of my creations...
This next picture is proof that I'm improving in my Creationary skills. I didn't build it. I had to guess what it is. The way we play is we only get three guesses. I only needed two for this one.
This next one, I know, is lame. I had to build it today and was at a total loss. To my delight, Jacob took into account my creative deficiency and tried to think like I do. He guessed it on the first try! Any guesses?
Here I am trying to explain to Caleb what it is he had to build. His expression probably duplicates my expression the first few times I played this game.
Toby, as usual, made himself comfy.
He is always right in the middle of our games.
Sweet boy!
The only reason I was able to guess this one is because it had been built before. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment