Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Valentine Party

Well, for some reason, Blogger won't let me rearrange my photos...so I'll tell you about them as they come up. Yesterday we had Valentine parties at co-op. During PE time, the kids got to have snacks and then they exchanged Valentines. I even got some too! Did you know I'm teaching a scrapbooking class this semester? I have 15 very sweet and fun 4th and 5th grade girls in my 2nd period class. This is a little card one of them gave me today...isn't it sweet?
I took this photo of all the Valentines I received. The one on the top left (with the monkey) says, "You're better than a banana." Yep. I laughed when I read it. Jacob almost fell over when I showed it to him and said, "Hey Jacob, I'm better than a banana!" There's even a sucker taped to the other side! Fun Dip must be a new Valentine candy item. I don't remember getting Fun Dip when I was kid. And I LOVE Fun Dip. Really. I always get some when we go to Skate Day. Those little candy sticks to scoop out the powder are so yummy!
Here's Abbi passing out her Valentines.
And Caleb giving his out.
Here's all the boys chowing down on their snacks.
And Abbi with some of her sweet friends.
I'm with the 4th & 5th grade group for PE, so I didn't get to take any photos of Jacob's class. I sure hope someone else did though!
Every week so far this semester I have forgotten my camera and haven't been able to take pictures of my class making their pages. But today I remembered it since I wanted to take the Valentine pictures! This is a 12 week semester, so each week the girls are making a two-page layout (6 x 6) for a certain month of the year. When the semester is over, they'll have a complete little album ready to put pictures in for every month of the year!
I'm really enjoying the class and getting to know the girls better.
I should've taken a picture of my adult helpers. If not for Mitzi, Molly and Anita, I'd be one crazy lady every Tuesday! Thank you, ladies!!

4 comments:

  1. I was relieved not to see any pictures of the helpers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me as bookworm. I always forget that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol Mitzi! I wish I could take your class, it looks like fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete