Friday, January 25, 2008

I'm on my way!

Well, today is the day. In an hour, my family will drop me off at our church and I'll head to the airport with my team on our way to Minsk, Belarus. People have been asking me for weeks if I'm nervous. Up until Sunday, I wasn't. That's changed. Sunday at church we were 'commissioned' and prayed over. It didn't really hit me until I walked up to the front of the church that THIS IS REAL. I'm really going to Belarus. I'm really going on a mission trip. Yesterday, I was especially nervous for some reason. I had butterflies in my stomach all day. I had to remind myself of some truths...Apart from Him, I can do nothing. His grace is sufficient for me. His power is made perfect in my weakness. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Abide in Him and He will abide in me. He is in control.

If you pray, please remember my team and I next week. We will be teaching around 1,000 students business and conversational English. We will be building relationships and as the Holy Spirit moves and allows, we will share the good news of Jesus with our classes.

Below you will find the schedule for the trip and week of teaching. Please be in prayer for each part of the journey as each one will have its own share of challenges.

Please pray for the Team members and their families:
Ron Cansler, David Loudermilk, Greg White, Ellen Loudermilk, Stirling Flynn, Daniel Loudermilk, Dan Brothers, Bobby Chapman, Mary Beth Brothers, Toni Chapman, Jason Barr

Here is our schedule:
1/25/08 – Leaving Atlanta at 4:30 pm
1/26/08 – Arrive in Minsk, Belarus at 12:50 pm
1/27/08 – Worship Service with New Land Church
- Former and new students will be invited to come
- Many who do not believe in Jesus will come to this service
- Dan Brothers will lead worship
- We will begin the process of evaluating students to find out level of English for the coming week
1/28/08 – This will be the first day of English Classes (and my stamping classes)
- The first day is always a little stressful. For the teachers and the students
- This will be an important day of first impressions.
- Each teacher will have four different classes a day with the first one starting at 10 AM and the last ending at 9 PM.
1/29- 2/1 – Each day will have the same schedule with the team getting started at 6 am and going to bed around midnight.
- Thursday the teachers will be given the opportunity to share their testimony
- Friday will be an important day in that each teaching session will end with a closing session.
- The gospel will be shared at the closing session and people will be given an opportunity to respond to Jesus.
2/2/08 – Team leaves Minsk at 1:50 pm and arrives in Atlanta 11:37 pm

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!

1 comment:

  1. Amy, We'll be praying! Excited to hear all about how God used you and the rest of the mission team to Glorify Him!

    ReplyDelete