Monday, November 26, 2007

The twins turned 8!

Well, November 10th was the twins 8th birthday. Can you believe it's been 8 years?! I certainly can't. Where has the time gone?
We started out the day with the twins making their own birthday cake (by their request).

Yummy cake batter!
While the cake was in the oven, Jacob played "Happy Birthday" on the piano.
Then it was gift time! Abbi got her beloved 'Kit' American Girl doll. She is so cute. Kit has gone everywhere with us since Abbi opened her. And we discovered that the next American Girl movie scheduled to come out next July will be about Kit. We are so excited to see the new movie!
Caleb received his long-awaited bow & arrow. Jon took the kids in the backyard to set up Caleb's new target and show him (along with Jacob and Abbi) how to use it. Caleb is a natural, which was not a surprise.

They also received books, Legos, gift cards and money. My grandma sent Abbi a cute nightgown and some K'Nex for Caleb which he didn't hesitate to open and put together. My mom sent Abbi a Bible that was given to her by her grandparents on her 8th birthday. What a special gift! After gift-opening, the cakes were cooled and the twins each decorated their own.

Can you tell Abbi did a bit of licking of the chocolate frosting?

Caleb sure thought hard about his wish before he blew out his candles. I think Abbi already knew what she was going to wish for.

Psalm 139:13 - 16 "For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them. "

No comments:

Post a Comment